What We'll Cover
- What is #30DaysOfLearning? (About)
- How can you participate? (Your First Actions)
- How can you contribute? (Share Insights)
- Who is behind this? (Team Contributors)
- Join: 🔌 The Connector Cloud Skills Challenge
- Join: ⚡️ The Serverless Cloud Skills Challenge!
Hello and welcome to the launch of the #30DaysOf learning hub. 👋🏽
This is a collaborative effort within Developer Relations to collect and share various resources that support self-study and structured learning for beginners and experienced devs alike. Technology changes fast! The only way to adapt, and thrive, is to learn continuously - and apply learnings to practical problems.
So, what does that learning journey look like? Think of it as four stages:
- Welcome - the onboarding phase, to set you up for success!
- Guide - the exploration phase, where you pick the learning path to follow.
- Connect - the community phase, where you meet & help others on that path.
- Share - the pay-it-forward phase, where you share insights for future travelers.
About The Site
Let's take a quick tour of this site and the various features it offers:
- 🏠 Landing Page - explore the learning options available.
- ✍🏼 Blog - subscribe to the feed for announcements & updates
- 🗓 Calendar - discover upcoming events, revisit archived ones
- 🗺 Roadmaps - discover and complete #30Day journeys
- 📖 Curricula - explore open-source multi-week courses with lesson plans
- 🎯 Challenges - join challenges and compete with your peers
- 💬 Discussions - ask questions, interact with peers, show-and-tell!
Your First Learning Actions
Where should you start?
- 👋🏽 - Take a minute to introduce yourself What are you looking to learn? What are you an expert in? Which region are you joining us from?
- 🗓 - Check the calendar - look for upcoming or in-progress learning journeys (e.g., #30Days) and join in! Work at your own pace, or look for events and discussions where you can interact with other learners.
- ⏰ - Cultivate learning habits - Use techniques that help you learn to learn better. Take breaks, switch between focused and relaxed modes, practice what you learn, and understand that each person learns differently.
- 🎯 - Set a goal - And keep moving towards it one step at a time. Connect with others in your community to get help, or feel inspired. Then pay it forward - more on that in the next section.
Your First Learning Contributions
Did you know that writing things down can help reinforce what you learned, and help you review or recall it much later? And that sharing notes and insights with others is not only a good way to contribute back to the community, but also help your career by building an online profile? As part of your learning journey, consider 3 ways in which you can contribute to others learning journeys (and your own):
- Use our Discussion Boards - share notes, ask questions, or answer them.
- Share your Articles - use the 🐝 Community Buzz template to submit links to us.
- Build Open Source Projects - then write about it, and Share your Articles.
We can't wait to see what you learn - next!