Setting up your computing platform for SynapseML
SynapseML is preinstalled on Microsoft Fabric and Synapse Analytics. Follow the instructions to get started with these platforms.
Microsoft Fabric is an all-in-one analytics solution for enterprises that covers everything from data movement to data science, Real-Time Analytics, and business intelligence. It offers a comprehensive suite of services, including data lake, data engineering, and data integration, all in one place.
SynapseML is preinstalled on Fabric, and this guide will walk you through getting access to fabric.
- Get a Microsoft Fabric license or sign-up for a free Microsoft Fabric (Preview) trial.
- Sign in to Microsoft Fabric
- Go to the Data Science experience.
- Create a new notebook or attach your notebook to a lakehouse. On the left side, select Add to add an existing lakehouse or create a lakehouse.
SynapseML is preinstalled on Fabric, but if you want to use another version of SynapseML, follow this guide on updating SynapseML.
Azure Synapse Analytics is an enterprise analytics service that accelerates time to insight across data warehouses and big data systems.
SynapseML is preinstalled on Synapse Analytics. To start with Synapse Analytics, you need:
- A valid Azure subscription - Create one for free.
- Create a Synapse workspace and launch Synapse studio
- Create a serverless Apache Spark pool
- Once Synapse Studio has launched, select Develop. Then, select the "+" icon to add a new resource. From there, select Notebook. A new notebook is created and opened. Alternatively, you can select Import to upload your notebook.
SynapseML is preinstalled on Azure Synapse Analytics, but if you want to use another version of SynapseML, follow this guide on updating SynapseML.