DSCEA’s primary use case is to verify that your systems are actually configured the way you want them to be.
Use Case Examples
Real world examples of how DSCEA can be used include
- Verify a single setting, for example if a registry key is set appropriately across your entire environment - Link to blog post
- Audit your systems to ensure that they meet the base level system configuration settings that are required to be a part of your environment
- Scan the systems in your environment against all of the items that make up your organization’s security baseline
- Verify that settings configured via Group Policy are being applied correctly to the systems in your environment
- Verify settings configured on Windows Server 2016 Nano servers (which do not support Group Policy)