Lab 4 - Administering Your Purchased Managed Applications#
In this lab you will act as the customer. You will explore what it means to manage the Azure managed applications that you purchased.
In Lab 3, you purchased your Gold plan and then remoted into the virtual machine, where you could use the VM as a customer. Now we'll see what else it means to manage your purchases.
Exercise 1 - The Managed Applications dashboard#
- Open the Azure portal.
- At the top of the screen in the search box, enter Managed Applications.
- Select Managed Applications from the dropdown box. Note: Do not select Managed Applications Center.
- You are seeing the Managed Applications dashboard and seeing all of the Managed Applications you have purchased.
Exercise 2 - amaworkshopsilver01#
- Click on amaworkshopsilver01. You saw this view of this Managed Application in the previous lab.
- Note the name of the Managed Resource Group, which should be amaworkshopsilver01-mrg.
- At the top left of the page, click the Delete button.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion of the Managed Application. > It will take some time, approximately 2 minutes or so, but the Managed Application and its corresponding Managed Resource Group will be deleted.
- Go to the Managed Applications dashboard as explained in Exercise 1.
- Confirm that amaworkshopsilver01 application does not exist. You can refresh this page for a few minutes until the application is no longer visible.
- Go to the list of Resource Groups in the Azure Portal and ensure the amaworkshopsilver01-mrg Resource Group is no longer there.
Now that the Managed Resouce Group is gone, the subscription to this solution is cancelled and no more billing will take place.
Congratulations, you have complete Lab 3! In this lab you did the following.
- Got familiar with the Managed Application dashboard.
- Deleted a managed application and showed that it deleted the corresponding resources associated with it.