How to Automate Simple Checks
If you want to automate some checks on your Markdown documents, there are several tools that you could leverage. For example:
- Code Analysis / Linting
- markdownlint to verify Markdown syntax and enforce rules that make the text more readable.
- markdown-link-check to extract links from markdown texts and check whether each link is alive (200 OK) or dead.
- proselint to check for jargon, spelling errors, redundancy, corporate speak and other language related issues.
- write-good to check English prose.
- Docker image for node-markdown-spellcheck, a lightweight docker image to spellcheck markdown files.
- VS Code Extensions
On linting rules
The team needs to be clear what linting rules are required and shouldn't be overridden with tooling or comments. The team should have consensus on when to override tooling rules.