Prepare to grow your business with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
Microsoft Tech for Social Impact integrates philanthropy and affordable commercial sales to accelerate impact through technology. This includes providing grants and discounts across cloud products including Azure, Dynamics 365, and Microsoft 365, as well as for industry-specific solutions included in Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit. This partner readiness material is designed for new and existing partners as they build and grow a business with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit - our premier solution for the nonprofit sector.
Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit aligns the capabilities of Microsoft 365, Power Platform, Dynamics 365, Azure, and LinkedIn to address common nonprofit scenarios including constituent engagement and fundraising, staff collaboration and volunteer management, and program design and delivery. Together with our partners we are aiming to double the number of nonprofits we work with to over 600,000 by 2027.
Above all, the success of our partners is reflected in customer stories. For our partners working with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit the opportunity is shaped by:
- The nearly 300,000 nonprofits Microsoft works with today globally.
- The technology grants and discounts Microsoft offers to nonprofits.
- The growth in demand for secure, modern, integrated technologies from customers that see the value in the end-to-end platform capabilities of the Microsoft Cloud.
- Additional demand for fundraising and volunteer management solutions in adjacent industries including healthcare and higher education.
Here is an overview of the fastest possible path to driving business with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
- Create a free partner account with the Microsoft Cloud Partner Program.
- Prepare for development or demonstrations with a pre-production environment.
- Make your opportunities visible in Partner Center.
- Co-sell with us and grow your Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit business.
These activities will be referred to frequently throughout the readiness materials. Stay informed by signing up for our partner communications.
Prepare for your first opportunity by aligning to our go-to-market activities and ensuring that your materials incorporate the latest resources available from us.
- Start with a short video about our commitment to the nonprofit sector.
- Explore all the prepared partners resources including:
- Get familiar with the Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit solutions through:
- Review the key concepts including How to buy Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit, licensing, security, compliance, and renewal.
- Familiarize yourself with pricing and support. The Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit Pricing Datasheet outlines plans that include industry-specific 24/7 support.
Develop your go-to-market materials
Your go-to-market materials should highlight how your approach ensures customer success by addressing common project needs:
- Industry expertise
- Baseline deployment of the solutions
- System integrations
- Data migration
Use the materials above with the additional templates and assetes avaialble to target your customers.
Pick the right partner support plan
There are several scenarios where having additional partner support will be important to your and your customers’ success:
- Partners that create and maintain their own solutions that accelerate or differentiate their implementation services
- Partners that are creating and maintaining their own solutions or apps that generate license revenue
- Partners that regularly develop proof of concept customizations in their pre-production environment for specific customers
Review the Partner Support plans to choose the right one for you.
Follow some steps below to ensure you’re ready to present and deliver for your first Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit customer. For partners that have experience deploying Dynamics 365 Sales or Power Platform solutions we recommend spending a week to review material, prepare an environment, and get comfortable demonstrating the solutions.
Learn about the solutions included in the Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
Explore learning paths for the underlying Microsoft Cloud technologies
Use links below and then filter learning paths by role, or Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced topics.
- Dynamics 365 Sales Learning Paths
- Dynamics 365 Marketing Learning Paths
- Power Apps Learning Paths
- Power Pages Paths
- Dataverse Learning Paths
Go further with learning to include solutions that span customer engagement and finance.
Setup your internal environment
Creating an internal deployment of Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit not only ensures familiarity with the process, but also sets you up for continued use for future sales demonstrations. We recommend going through the setup process with someone from technical sales, as well as someone from the solution delivery team.
Start with the Microsoft Action Pack for a baseline of partner materials and support that includes cloud licenses for several prerequisites of Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit: Azure Credit, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
Next, a user with Global Administrator role for the partner tenant may request additional free or discounted non-production licenses using the Non-production Environment License Portal with the following considerations:
- A single submission can include multiple licenses for the selected offer type.
- A payment method may be requested during when adding the Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit license, however, it is a $0 SKU and there is no charge.
- To see all available discounted, free, and upcoming licenses click the “View SKUs” link on the page above.
|Promotional Offer Type||Use||Relevant Licenses|
|Discounted Offer (Available to all MPN partners)||Any partner setting up an internal Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit environment Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit – Standard||Dynamics 365 Sales, Field Service, and Customer Service Partner Sandbox, Dynamics 365 Marketing Partner Sandbox|
|Test Drive Implementation||For partners with an offer in AppSource that is configured to support Test Drive||Dynamics 365 Sales, Field Service, and Customer Service Partner Sandbox, Dynamics 365 Marketing Partner Sandbox|
|ISV Connect RevShare||For partners enrolled in the ISV Connect program||Dynamics 365 Sales, Field Service, and Customer Service Partner Sandbox, Dynamics 365 Marketing Partner Sandbox|
|ISV Success Program||For partners enrolled in the ISV Success program|
- Follow the steps in Setup and configure Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit to deploy solutions.
- Be sure to review the post-deployment configuration steps including how to import sample data.
Deliver winning demonstrations
Having your own internal environment prepared for customer demos is always ideal, however, we have a couple of other options for quick turnaround:
- Walk your customer through the nonprofit scenarios with a guided tour.
- Show the full capabilities in a preconfigured environment complete with demo scripts.