Download the latest release: VSSTester.ps1
The script is self-explanatory. You can test run DiskShadow on a single Exchange database to ensure backups are working properly (i.e. all the Microsoft components). If the issue only happens with a 3rd-party backup solution, you can utilize operation mode 2 to enable just the logging while you execute a backup with the 3rd-party solution.
Here are the steps to verify that the local Administrators group is allowed to the COM+ Security on the computer. The script will detect if this is a possibility if we can not see the Exchange Writers and we have the registry settings set that determine this is a possibility.
- Run "dcomCnFg" from the run box or command prompt on the problem machine
- Expand Component Services then Computers
- Right Click on My Computer and select Properties
- Select the COM Security tab and select Edit Default... under Access Permissions
- If the local Administrators group is not here for Allow for Local and Remote Access, click Add... to add the local Administrators group to the Default Security permissions
- Change the locations to the computer name
- Type in "Administrators" and select Check Names. Making sure the computer account comes up
- Add Local Access and Remote Access for Allow
- Click Okay
- Click Apply and Okay
- Restart the Computer