Add email capabilities to your Assistant. Powered by Microsoft Graph and Google.
The following scenarios are currently supported by the Skill:
- Send an Email
- Send an email to John Smith
- Send an email to Harold about the team lunch this Tuesday
- Find Email
- Find email from John Smith
- What email do I have
- Check Messages
- Do I have any new mail
- Check my email
- Delete an email
- put the email in the recycle bin
- Forward email from megan to alex
- Could you forward this message
- Read Aloud
- Read email from Philippe
- Read unread email
- Reply to an Email
- Reply with I will call you back
- Respond to my email
- Select an Email
- The third search result please
- Open this one
LUIS models for the Skill are provided in .lu file format as part of the Skill. Further languages are being prioritized.
|AddFlag||Matches queries to flag an email as important|
|CheckMessages||Matches queries to check for new messages|
|Delete||Matches queries to delete an email|
|Forward||Matches queries to forward an email|
|QueryLastText||Matches queries to find the most recent emails|
|ReadAloud||Matches queries to read an email aloud|
|Reply||Matches queries to reply to an email|
|SearchMessages||Matches queries to search for specific emails|
|SelectItem||Matches queries to select an email|
|SendEmail||Matches queries to send an email|
|Attachment||Simple entity matching attachments|
|Category||Simple entity matching categories|
|ContactName||Simple entity matching contact names|
|Date||Simple entity matching the date|
|EmailAddress||Simple entity matching email addresses|
|EmailPlatform||Simple entity matching email platforms|
|EmailSubject||Simple entity matching email subjects|
|Line||Simple entity matching message message lines|
|Message||Simple entity matching messages|
|RelationshipName||Simple entity matching contact relationships|
|SearchTexts||Simple entity matching messages to search through|
|SenderName||Simple entity matching a sender’s name|
|Time||Simple entity matching the time|
Learn how to provision your Azure resources in the Create a Skill tutorial.
Supported content providers
Office 365 and Outlook.com through the Microsoft Graph is supported along with support for Google accounts.
Authentication connection Settings
This skill uses the following authentication scopes:
You must use these steps to manually configure Authentication for the Email Skill. Due to a change in the Skill architecture this is not currently automated.
Ensure you configure all of the scopes detailed above.
To use Google account skill you need follow these steps:
- Enable Gmail API in Google API library
- Create your Gmail API credential in Google developers console.
- Choose “Create credential” - “OAuth Client ID”
- Choose “Web Application”
- Set Redirect URL as https://token.botframework.com/.auth/web/redirect
- Create an OAuth connection setting in your Web App Bot.
- Connection name: googleapi
- Service Provider: Google
- Client id and secret are generated in step 2
- Scopes: https://mail.google.com/ https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.
- Add the connection name, client id, secret and scopes in the appsetting.json file.
Learn how to use events to send backend data to a Skill, like a user’s location or time zone.