The Hospitality Assistant sample is a prototype of an assistant that helps to conceptualize and demonstrate how a virtual assistant could be used in a hospitality specific scenario. It also provides a starting point for those interested in creating an assistant customized for this scenario.
This sample works off the basis that the assistant would be integrated into a hotel room device and would help a hotel guest with anything they might usually go to the hotel concierge about. It also provides additional capabilites that might be useful for guests, such as getting the weather forecast or showing current news articles.
The majority of the skills connected to this sample are experimental skills, which means they are early prototypes of Skills and are likely to have rudimentary language models, limited language support and limited testing. These skills demonstrate a variety of skill concepts and provide great examples to get you started. This sample demonstrates the following scenarios:
- Where is the gym?
- What time is breakfast?
- Do you allow pets?
- What can you help me with?
- That’s great, thanks
- That didn’t make any sense
Search the web
- Tell me about the jurassic park movie
- Who is Bill Gates?
Guest reservation changes
- I want to extend my stay by 2 nights
- Can I get a late check out time?
- Can you check me out now
- I want to see a room service menu
- Can you get me 2 croissants and a yogurt parfait?
- Can you bring me a toothbrush and toothpaste?
Find news articles
- What’s the latest news on surfing?
- What news is currently trending?
Make a restaurant reservation
- Make a dinner reservation for tonight
Find points of interest nearby
- Find me nearby coffee shops
Get the forecast
- What’s the weather today?
To configure this sample follow the steps below:
- Clone the Hospitality Assistant sample.
- Follow the Create your Virtual Assistant tutorial to deploy your assistant. Use the sample project you cloned instead of the Virtual Assistant template to include the hospitality customizations in this project.
- Clone the following skills from our repository:
- Deploy each one of these skills separately, using the deployment script included in the skill directory.
- Add each skill using the botskills connect CLI tool.