Requirements for contributing documentation¶
Conventions and lessons learned¶
Please update this list as you learn more.
- filenames should all be lowercase.
- filenames should use "_" to separate words and should not have spaces.
- all links to pages are case sensitive (when published to GitHub the server is case sensitive)
- use a code editor like vscode for markdown. It has linting support and will identify issues prior to build.
- For rare cases you need to break a linter rule you can do so using the syntax defined here: https://github.com/DavidAnson/markdownlint#configuration
- If you markdown has images:
- Awesome. Images help make docs more informative and easier to understand
- Path in markdown to image must be relative
- Suggested to put in same directory as md file
- image filename must end with _mu.extension. Example my_image_name_mu.png
- Supported image extensions are gif, jpg, png